Location: United States – Remote
SVG Ventures seeks a detail oriented and passionate “Senior Accountant” with strong accounting and analytical skills.
As an “Senior Accountant” you have in-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, proficiency in accounting systems, and strong motivation to contribute to the achievement of an efficient monthly/quarterly/annual close and financial reporting process. You pay great attention to detail and the ability to deliver results under deadlines as well as working effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment.
In this role, the “Senior Accountant” will be responsible for the accounting and financial reporting for the Operating entities in the US and Canada.
What You’ll Do
- Perform month-end and quarter-end close activities, which include preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis
- Execute existing accounting and reporting controls and procedures in the course of the monthly and quarterly close including departmental close packages, financial reporting reconciliations, support of financial reporting, analytics and efficiency metrics
- Responsible for managing annual audit, tax filings and business registrations.
- Proactively review current procedures and seek ways to improve processes to ensure timely monthly close, accuracy of accounting entries, and operational efficiency
- Perform research and make recommendations for complex accounting scenarios
- Assist in designing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring corporate accounting policies and procedures; and assist in internal control and process documentation
- Assist in preparing monthly balance sheet and income statement flux variance analyses for management reporting
- Process semi-monthly Company payroll for US and Canada.
- Other accounting and finance projects as assigned.
- Maintain financial records for each program, grant and project in a manner that facilitates funder reports and requirements.
- Follow cost allocation principles and maintain current and accurate allocation methodology.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on financial activity of programs to Program Managers.
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting, ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials in accordance with grant agreements.
What We Look For
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience is required (combination of private and public experience preferred) deep understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent analytical, creative problem solving, organizational and project management skills
- Strong sense of ownership and curiosity to learn new skills
- Takes initiative to implement changes that will simplify and improve processes
- Willing to tackle challenges in a continuously changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with the team, management, peers, cross-functional groups and business partners
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with aptitude for prioritizing and multi-tasking
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (such as vlookups & conditional statements, pivot tables, data analysis, data visualization, what-if-analysis)
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously by prioritizing tasks
- Quickbooks experience preferred.
- The desire to improve broken processes and make your own job easier over time